Have you tried Canvas yet?
As Wayne State prepares to completely shut down Blackboard by Sept. 2018, hundreds of courses are already being taught with our new learning management system.
If you haven't explored Canvas yet, now is the time. Here are a few things you can do to start your transition today:
- Log in right now to see the system in action: canvas.wayne.edu.
- Check out Faculty Resources on our Canvas Project website: canvasproject.wayne.edu/gettingstarted.
- Sign up for the Canvas Basics training course offered by the Office for Teaching and Learning: go.wayne.edu/canvastraining.
- Browse C&IT Faculty Liaison Michael J. Barnes' Canvas Journal for tips and feedback from an instructor using Canvas today: go.wayne.edu/canvasjournal.
- Find answers to any of your technical questions with Canvas Guides: go.wayne.edu/canvasguides.
C&IT is in the process of copying all Blackboard course content to Canvas from winter 2015 through fall 2017, and we will send out another communication when this is done. We will continue to transfer content from any remaining Blackboard courses at the end of each semester until Blackboard is shut down in Sept. 2018.
Learn more about Wayne State's transition to Canvas and find the latest updates at canvasproject.wayne.edu. If you have any questions or concerns about the switch to Canvas, please contact email@example.com.